Salem, VA Speeding Ticket Lawyer
If you received a speeding ticket, you may want to talk to a speeding ticket lawyer Salem VA residents trust, like Mark T. Hurt. He has been practicing in the legal field for more than 25 years and has helped individuals just like yourself get speeding ticket charges reduced or dismissed. If you have an experienced speeding ticket lawyer Salem locals depend on representing you, it may give you a peace of mind.
In Virginia, receiving a conviction for speeding can have serious consequences. Points on your driving record increase in your insurance premiums. Disqualification from employment that requires driving. The consequences for a reckless driving conviction can be far worse.
“Got reckless driving in a construction zone reduced to the lowest level speeding ticket. Brooke and Carol were very helpful and informative throughout the whole process. I was very nervous my first speeding ticket. Thank you so much”
The Interstate-81 corridor that stretches from Wytheville, Virginia and Wythe County through Smyth County and into Washington County and Bristol is famous for the number of speeding tickets given to motorists.
As an experienced speeding ticket attorney, I can help you in seeking to get your speeding or reckless driving charge reduced or dismissed. With an office in Salem, I am within a short drive to the county and city courthouses covering the entire Interstate 81 corridor, including:
- The Wythe County General District Court
- The Smyth County General District Court
- The Washington County General District Court
- The City of Bristol, Virginia General District Court
- Carroll County, Virginia
- Bland County, Virginia
Defenses for Speeding Violations
Even if you were indeed driving over the speed limit, that does not mean you have to plead guilty right away. You have the right to defend yourself. Here are a few defenses a speeding ticket lawyer in Salem VA may use:
- Challenge the Determination of Your Speed: Police officers use different methods to determine a driver’s speed, including pacing, radar and laser. You have a right to challenge the method or the officer’s use of the method. For instance, your speeding ticket lawyer Salem VA locals respect may prove to the court that the police officer was not properly trained on how to use the device.
- Speeding Due to Emergency: If your speeding ticket lawyer Salem VA residents rely on can prove that you drove above the speed limit to prevent injury to yourself and others, you may be able to get your speeding ticket dismissed. An example would be if you were forced to exceed the speed limit to avoid getting into an accident with another vehicle.
- Wrong Identity: If you believe a police officer confused your car with a similar car that was driving next to you, your Salem speeding ticket lawyer may be able to use the mistaken identity defense.
Other Locations We Serve:
- Pennington Gap Traffic Ticket Lawyer
- Lee County VA Traffic Ticket Lawyer
- Washington County VA Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Bland County, VA Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Carroll County, VA Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Mecklenburg Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Brunswick County, VA Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Roanoke County Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Greensville County, VA Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- I-81 Montgomery County VA Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Wise County VA Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Bristol VA Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Russell County Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Smyth County Speeding Ticket Lawyer
- Wythe County Speeding Ticket Lawyer
Don’t Pay Your Ticket or Ignore It – Call Me First
I offer a free phone or in-person consultation, and can advise you regarding your options. In many cases, I can appear in court for you – you won’t even need to miss work to go to court. And you can pay the legal fee conveniently by credit card.
To schedule a meeting a speeding ticket lawyer Salem VA offers, call 276-623-0808.