Social Security Disability Lawyer Roanoke, VA
Social Security Disability Lawyer Roanoke, VA
Our Social Security Disability lawyer Roanoke, VA residents rely on from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt knows that when you receive a phone call from the Social Security Administration (SSA) it can make you feel extremely stressed or it can make you excited. Social Security is a crucial program that benefits many people who have disabilities. When they call to let you know that they would like you to go in for a consultative exam, you may be very happy that you are progressing to the next step. That said, when it comes to the consultative exam, it means that there was not sufficient evidence within the medical records that you provided to show you have a disability. There may be additional steps you have to wait for so they can determine whether you can receive your benefits. However, this does not necessarily mean that your application is denied. Instead, they want another opinion that will show whether you need Social Security benefits or not. When this is the case, you may be wondering what you can expect from the exam.
Can my own doctor perform this exam?
It is possible for your primary doctor to perform this exam. They need to have the required tools, equipment, and skills to do so. Additionally, they may choose not to perform the exam. If this is the case, another doctor will be required to perform the exam. On the other hand, the Disability Determination Service (DDS) may prefer to go with another doctor altogether if they are concerned about your doctor’s results. The DDS has the discretion to choose an approved doctor to perform your exam, so there is no guarantee that your primary doctor will be the one to conduct it.
What can I expect from the exam?
The exam itself probably will not be too out of the ordinary for you. It should follow a similar structure to your routine physical exams that you regularly experience. The goal of the exam is to determine how you are impacted by your disability. They will look for any changes that have occurred. When you go in for your appointment, you can expect:
- To provide your medical history to the doctor
- To discuss the onset of your illness or injury
- To receive a thorough physical examination
- To have any additional testing done specific to the consultative examination
- To discuss what tasks are necessary for your job and if you are able to complete them
Our Roanoke, Virginia Social Security Disability lawyer knows that it can be stressful preparing to go in for your exam, but it is important to state the facts and listen to what the doctor has to say during the examination. Stick to basic information without exaggerating claims. Any false statements you make about your disability can put your application at risk of being denied, so make sure you are providing clear and straightforward answers.
What if my application is denied?
It is possible to appeal a decision and if you believe you have been wrongly denied, we are here to help. It is not common, but legitimate disability applications are sometimes denied because of errors. If you would like to learn more about the Social Security Disability application process and the consultative exam, please reach out to the trusted Social Security Disability lawyer in Roanoke, VA from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt. They will help you file an appeal if necessary.
There are many reasons your application for social security may have been denied, but a social security disability lawyer in Roanoke, Virginia, can help you provide the necessary information for a successful claim. Applications can be denied for several reasons, but some of the most common are as follows:
- No proof of qualification: Before you receive social security benefits, you need to prove that you actually qualify for the benefits in the first place. This can include providing proof of employment and more detailed proof of your injury. Make sure you are of the most up to date requirements so you submit the right documents.
- Insufficient doctor testimony. While on the subject of proof of injury, in order to qualify for social security you’ll also need to have a proper, formal statement from your doctor that backs up your disability claim. Without a doctor’s statement, your claim may be rejected.
- Inadequate medical records. As with your doctor’s testimony, you’ll need to provide a detailed medical record that documents your injury and how long you’ve been struggling. Providing an incomplete medical record is sure to raise some eyebrows: It’s always better to provide as much information as possible.
- Personal information hiccups. This is possibly the most frustrating reason for a denied application. When you think you have completed your application correctly, only to find out there was a problem related to your name or other personal information. Having your application rejected because of inaccurate personal information may seem like a rare possibility, but it does happen. The reasons for denial can be as small as misspelling errors, incorrect addresses, grammatical errors, or other slight inaccuracies. Your application is complicated, and everyone makes mistakes. Before submitting your application, double check all of your information and make sure that your information aligns with the requirements.
There are other reasons an application may be denied, but you shouldn’t give up – instead, reach out to a social security disability lawyer in Roanoke, VA who can help you gather the necessary information and paperwork. They will provide you assistance so that the error can be fixed right away. A small error on your application can be fixed if you act at the right time.
Living with a Disability
Learning how to live your life with a disability is a long and oftentimes frustrating journey. Adapting to your disability can be a lifelong journey. There may be times when you feel confident and feel like you have gotten the hang of it. In contrast, there might be moments where you feel like you have just started over, and it can be discouraging. If you were injured because of an accident – whether on a jobsite, because of a car accident, or anything else – you might be completely overwhelmed by what lies ahead.
There are many steps to take to make sure you have a meaningful recovery, and so you can live your best life possible. However, immediately after your life-changing injury, you might be wondering if you can ever get started forward: Expensive medical bills, invasive treatments, and potentially even losing your job. These uncertainties can make it difficult to imagine what life might look like for you in the future.
Once you’re finally out of the hospital, your challenges don’t just disappear. As soon as you battle through one hurdle, ten more can take their place – and you may be weighed down by uncertainty. How will you care for yourself? And how will you care for the people you love?
This is what makes applying for disability so important. If your life has been drastically changed because of an accident, you should know your rights and be aware of how you can get the quality care and financial support you deserve. It is necessary that you understand what benefits you are entitled to and how to obtain them. But when you’re struggling to get disability checks, you can count on the right legal assistance to help.
At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we understand the challenges you may be facing, and we know you don’t want a handout: You want a hand up. Through our legal services, we can help you get the results you need in the most efficient manner. Our goal is to make sure that your needs are taken care of. We provide personalized case management to each and every one of our clients, and we’re dedicated to providing you the information and legal counsel you need to get the most out of your disability claim.
We understand how frustrating it can be to go through the disability application process. When you have submitted all the required information and followed all the steps, the last thing you want to deal with is a last minute obstacle. When you are at risk of losing your disability benefits, it can impact your life in more ways than one. However, with our help you can get peace of mind. You can count on us to assist you so that you do not have to be worried about the possibility of having your application denied.
Take action sooner rather than later. You do not want to wait to explore your legal options. Boost your chances of getting the disability benefits you deserve. Contact us today, and see how a social security disability lawyer in Roanoke, VA can help you rebuild your future.