Wythe County, VA Speeding Ticket Lawyer
When you get behind the wheel of the car, it’s important to remember that there are many other people on the road, and how you drive can impact them. If you speed, drink alcohol or do any other reckless acts, you can put everyone on the road in danger and get yourself into a lot of trouble.
Consequences of Reckless Driving
At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we know how much someone’s life can change after receiving a reckless driving conviction. Let’s take a closer look at some of the consequences of reckless driving:
- Fines: Whether you are pulled over for speeding or running a red light, the police officer will likely issue you a ticket. Some traffic tickets can cost hundreds of dollars. Coming up with the money to pay for this ticket can really eat into your budget.
- Driver’s License Suspension: If you’re convicted of multiple reckless driving charges, your driver’s license could get suspended for quite some time. If you don’t have any public transportation in your area, this can make it very difficult to get around. You may have to rely on family and friends to give you rides to your job and other important places.
- Higher Insurance Premiums: Expect your car insurance to go up significantly if you are convicted of reckless driving. The insurance company may see you as a high-risk driver and raise your rates.
- Jail Time: In some states, reckless driving can lead to jail time. Whether you have to spend a few days or months in jail, it will take time away from your job and family.
- Job Loss: If your job involves driving, getting a reckless driving charge could result in termination.
- Criminal Record: If reckless driving is considered a criminal offense in your state, you will have a criminal record, which can make your life much more difficult. With a criminal conviction, you may have a tougher time finding employment, an apartment to rent, and even qualifying for loans.
As you can see, your life can dramatically change after receiving a conviction for reckless driving, speeding, or another serious traffic offense. That’s why you should consider speaking to an experienced speeding ticket lawyer as soon as possible. Your Wythe County, VA lawyer may review your case, advise you on the best way to proceed, build you a strong defense, and ensure your legal rights are protected.
At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we know how stressful it can be dealing with a traffic offense like a speeding ticket. Our team has represented many individuals dealing with traffic offenses before, and we know the ins and outs of the law. We are dedicated to helping out clients to the best of our ability and ensuring they are treated fairly in court. With a skilled lawyer on your side, you may feel better about your situation.