What should I do immediately following a personal injury accident?
Personal Injury Lawyer Bristol, TN
If you have become a victim of a personal injury due to another individuals negligence, you have the legal right to obtain compensation for the damages done and a personal injury lawyer Bristol, TN trusts can help. At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt we work diligently for our clients and provide useful legal guidance that will protect their rights and ability to get the proper compensation. After an accident has taken place, there are a few things you should do right away. This may include:
- Tell your insurance company about the accident, especially if it is an automobile related accident.
- If an office comes to the scene, give as many details as possible for the accident report.
- It is highly suggested that you take photos or videos of the accident to help record any important details.
- If this is a work related injury, file an incident report with your employer.
- If other insurance agency try to contact you, avoid speaking with them and signing any forms they may give you.
- Do not make any statements of who was at fault or the extent of your injuries.
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses
- Hire a skilled personal injury lawyer serving Bristol, TN that you can trust.
- Get any medical treatment you may need.
These are all important things to try and do after an accident. If the injuries are severe, it is understandable that you may not be able to all of these things right after the accident. When you have the opportunity, it would be beneficial to write down every detail you can remember while everything is still fresh in your mind.
Can I still receive reimbursement for my medical bills even if I was partially at fault?
Even if the accident was partially due to your own negligence, you can still obtain coverage. Most states subscribe to a pure comparative negligence system when dealing with personal injury claims. This means you are entitled to recover the damages that are attributed to the negligence of others, even if you are partially at fault. Trying to determine how much fault is given to each party can be very difficult and is ultimately left up to the jury if your case goes to trial. An experienced personal injury lawyer in Bristol, TN from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt can help advise you on whether or not your claim is likely to succeed.
What should I do if the person that caused my injuries claims it was my fault and not theirs?
It is not uncommon for cases to involve a he said, she said type of situation. At the beginning, it may seem unclear who is truly at fault and what exactly happened. It is the Bristol, TN personal injury lawyer’s responsibility to help prove who caused the injuries and create a plan of action with investigators and accident reconstruction professionals. Working with these other professionals can oftentimes help provide scientific evidence of how the accident occurred and who is truly at fault. At, The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt we fight diligently for the rights of our clients and defending them until justice is provided. To receive a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer Bristol, TN victims rely on to discuss details of your situation, call us today at The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt.