Reckless Driving Lawyer Wytheville, VA
Get Help From a Reckless Driving Lawyer
Getting pulled over for reckless driving comes with a lot of stress and anxiety. Because it is a criminal case, the question of whether or not you have to hire a reckless driving lawyer in Wytheville, VA and what kinds of fines and penalties you may be facing are among the first that you ask yourself. The attorneys at The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt are here for you. With many of experience, we pride ourselves on getting a favorable deal for our clients. Call to schedule a consultation!
What Are Common Types of Reckless Driving?
State laws vary on what constitutes reckless driving, but some common examples include:
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals
- Driving at over 85 miles per hour
- Driving over 20 miles per hour over the speed limit
- Racing other vehicles
- Evading a police officer
- Driving a vehicle that you know has mechanical issues
- Swerving/weaving through traffic
- Tailgating another vehicle
- Illegal passing (which can include passing on a curve or using the opposing traffic lane to pass)
A reckless driving attorney from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt will consult with you about the details of your case and understand why exactly you may have been given a citation. From there, they will advise you on your next steps.
Can I Represent Myself?
You may think to yourself, “Do I really need an attorney?” While anyone can represent themselves in any criminal case, it is not generally advised. Reckless driving laws are complex, and there’s a lot at stake if your convicted. For example, you could end up with:
- Points on your license
- Your license suspended
- Your insurance rates increasing
- A permanent record that you will have to disclose to employers
- In extreme cases, jail time
A reckless driving attorney from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt wants to help you with your case and help prevent any of these possible outcomes from becoming a reality.
Why Should I Hire an Attorney?
A reckless driving attorney will:
- Research your specific case and gather evidence
- Negotiate your charges with the prosecutors
- Arrange a plea agreement for a lesser charge (which is often a traffic infraction)
- Prepare your trial by interviewing witnesses, gathering evidence and preparing a defense.
- If you are from out of state, one of The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt’s reckless driving attorneys can appear in court on your behalf, which means that you won’t have to waste time, money, and resources to travel back to the state where you received the ticket.
Contact LOCATION’S Trusted Reckless Driving Lawyer in Wytheville, VA
The reckless driving lawyers in Wytheville, VA at The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt understand that, which a reckless driving citation come an onslaught of worries. Will I have a permanent record because of this charge? Will my insurance rates go up? Will I have a suspended license? Will I go to jail? We have answers to those questions and our experience lawyers are ready to give them to you. With many of experience helping clients who were cited for reckless driving, our reckless driving attorneys are standing by and ready to help.
You could be one step closer to getting rid of the anxiety and stress that can result from a criminal reckless driving charge. Call a reckless driving lawyer in Wytheville, VA relies on from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt today to speak with an associate. A complimentary consultation could help you understand your next steps and give you a clearer picture of your case. Call today.