Speeding Ticket Lawyer Abingdon VA
Have you recently been charged with reckless driving? Are you worried about what the repercussions that such a charge could cause? At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we have years of experience representing clients who have found themselves in situations similar to the one you may be facing. As an experienced speeding ticket lawyer in Abingdon VA, Mark T. Hurt has also assisted clients who were facing reckless driving charges. You can count on our team to direct you through the legal process in a way that will leave you feeling confident in our abilities.
What is reckless driving?
When a person is operating a vehicle and has a complete disregard for safety or is negligent in doing so, their actions are classified as reckless driving. With reckless driving, a person has to be doing something more negligent than that of a basic traffic offense. When a person is convicted of reckless driving, they may be required to pay fines and could even spend time in jail. A few examples of what constitutes reckless driving are:
- Driving the vehicle at an incredibly high speed
- Attempting to hide from or outrun a police officer
- Unsafely passing another vehicle on a highway
- Disregarding traffic signals and signs
If I am convicted, will it stay on my record?
Worrying over a possible conviction for reckless driving can be stressful. A conviction will likely stay on your record. You may not even realize how this could impact your life. Here are a few ways that a conviction on your driving record could negatively impact you:
- Gaining future employment could be difficult. If you apply for a job that runs DMV background checks, a charge on your record could impact your ability to gain employment. This is especially true if you are trying to obtain a position that requires you to drive for work.
- It could impact your current job. If you are responsible for driving a vehicle for work, and are no longer able to do so because of a reckless driving conviction, you could lose your job. If you have a suspended license, you will no longer be able to perform some of your job responsibilities.
- If you are looking to adopt a child, a reckless driving charge could impact your ability to do so. Thankfully, in most cases, the older the charge, the less relevant it becomes.
- With a reckless driving charge on your record, it could impact any future convictions you receive. This means a second charge could result in a more serious sentencing.
- In some situations, your car insurance could be impacted. Your insurance carrier might be motivated to increase your rates significantly.
The only time that a conviction may not be found on your record is if you have had it expunged. When it comes to reckless driving, the chance of having a record expunged depends on the circumstances surrounding your specific situation.
Contact The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt
It is likely that you will want to take any measure necessary to avoid a conviction for reckless driving. The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt has the experience required to provide you with legal representation that you can rely on, even in the most complex situations. Call us today to schedule an appointment with a speeding ticket lawyer Abingdon VA residents trust.