Traffic Lawyer Hillsville, VA
If you have been the unfortunate victim of a car accident, your life could be forever changed. With the help of a dedicated traffic lawyer Hillsville, VA residents trust from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we will fight to get you the settlement you deserve. We know that car accidents can seriously impair your day-to-day function, including lost wages from hospital bills or being unable to work and provide for your family. Our personal injury lawyers will scrutinize the details of your case and help you receive the compensation that you deserve. Our lawyers have experience with a variety of different auto accidents.
What causes a car accident?
A good Hillsville, VA traffic lawyer knows there are many different driving behaviors and circumstances that can lead to car accidents. Common causes of accidents are:
- Texting While Driving
- Unsafe Weather Conditions
- Defective Vehicles
- Driving Distracted
- Drunk Driving, and
- Failure to Yield
While these accidents almost assuredly lead to automobile damage, they can also lead to both physical (whiplash, bruises, and broken bones) and emotional (PTSD, stress) trauma as well. So, what are typical injuries resulting from a car accident?
- Head or Brain Injuries. A common injury resulting from a car accident is known as a “closed head injury”. This could be a mild concussion or a traumatic brain injury. These are particularly dangerous injuries because there are not always physical signs of damage, leading victims to not get the help they need in a timely manner.
- Neck Injuries. These injuries are also fairly common and can present as whiplash or neck strain. More serious neck injuries from car accidents could be disc-related problems and cervical radiculopathy.
- Facial Injuries. During a car accident, your face can become damaged by almost any object—the airbag, steering wheel, windshield, shattered glass, and even car seats. While some of these injuries might be minor (like bruises, scratches, or scrapes), you can receive more severe injuries like lacerations and fractures that result in needing dental surgeries.
- Back Injuries. Back injuries are also common results of car accidents. They can range from minor problems—like a strain or sprain—to major back problems, like lumbar radiculopathy, disc injury, fractures, and a thoracic spine injury. In many events, these physical injuries will result in not just large hospital bills, but also months of physical therapy.
- Psychological and Emotional Injuries. While the physical symptoms of a car accident can be obvious, any car accident can cause psychological or emotional trauma. These kinds of cases can be especially complicated, which is why it is important to contact a traffic lawyer serving Hillsville, VA. This type of emotional distress can be short or long-term, and result in a condition known as post-traumatic stress disorder (or PTSD). If this is the case, car accident victims must often receive psychological treatment to help them cope with this distress.
If you have been injured in a car accident and are experiencing any of the symptoms discussed above, do not hesitate to call The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt. Our team has years of experience fighting for the rights of those who have been involved in personal injury cases, and you should not have to fight this battle alone. For a free initial consultation with a dedicated traffic lawyer Hillsville, VA relies on, call our team. We are ready to help!