Traffic Law Firm Wytheville, VA
Following a traffic offense, you may be wondering whether to contact The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, a traffic law firm Wytheville, VA residents recommend. For some traffic offenses, you may be unsure of whether you will even need to contact a lawyer. While you can certainly represent yourself, it may not do you any good. Working with a lawyer can provide you with advantages when handling your traffic offense. We can help you to understand the process and represent you, call The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt today!
Advantages of a Traffic Law Firm in Wytheville, VA
The more serious the infraction or violation you may be facing, the higher the likelihood that you will need a lawyer to represent you. Although some traffic violations may seem like a straightforward process, working with a lawyer can provide you with many advantages. Our Wytheville, VA traffic law firm:
- Can argue your case to have fines and other consequences reduced
- Will review your case to develop a legal strategy for contesting the ticket
- Has the ability to negotiate alternative penalties and a potential resolution with the prosecutor
- Can present a clear, concise and organized argument in the courtroom
- Is well versed in traffic laws, meaning in some cases, we may even be able to have the ticket dismissed
Don’t put yourself at risk of facing consequences that may be mitigated with our help, contact The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt to get started.
Common Types of Traffic Offenses
In the state of Virginia, there are several traffic offenses that you may find yourself contending with. Our traffic lawyer serving Wytheville VA can provide you with representation if you are facing:
- Traffic Misdemeanors: a traffic misdemeanor is a more serious violation that can result in loss or suspension of license and even jail time. Reckless driving and DUIs are examples of traffic misdemeanors. To ensure that your rights are protected after receiving this type of charge, it’s in your best interest to contact a traffic lawyer for guidance.
- Traffic Infractions: a traffic infraction is a traffic ticket that can result in points on your license. Other consequences you may face include fines and a mark on your driving record. Traffic tickets can be paid and resolved without having to appear in court. However, be aware that if you have accumulated too many infractions, resulting in points on your license, you may want to contact our Wytheville, VA traffic law firm for help.
- Traffic Felony: in some cases, a traffic violation can become a felony. This is the most severe type of charge that you stand to face. Penalties, if convicted of a traffic felony, can include up to 10 years in jail, fines, and loss of license. If you injured or killed someone, have had multiple DUIs, are the suspect in a hit and run, the stakes can be high. You need a skilled Wytheville, VA traffic law firm to represent you.
In some cases, a traffic offense or ticket may not seem like a big deal. Some minor traffic offenses may not require the help of a lawyer. However, if you are facing a more severe traffic charge such as a DUI, misdemeanor, or felony, contacting The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt should be your top priority. Contact our Wytheville, Virginia traffic law firm today to schedule an appointment with a member of our legal team.
Frankie was the best. She helped me mentally, lawfully, she communicates and I appreciate her. I would never ever contact anyone else other than her if I’m ever in a situation in VA and if this law firm can cross state lines I would pay them! I felt so secure and safe! Thanks so much!