Salem, VA Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Despite protective jackets, helmets, and other safety gear, any collision with a passenger vehicle, commercial truck, or SUV can have tragic and devastating consequences for motorcycle riders. Out of all motorists on Virginia roads, motorcyclists are the most susceptible to significant and fatal injuries.
If you were injured or if a loved died in a motorcycle crash caused by the negligence of another person or entity, your family should not have to shoulder the financial burden alone. As an experienced Salem motorcycle crash lawyer, attorney Mark Hurt can represent you in seeking a full and fair settlement for all injuries and damages. If a settlement can’t be reached, as an experienced trial attorney, Mark Hurt will not hesitate to take a case to trial to pursue maximum compensation from a jury. Call our office today to schedule a free consultation to learn more about your legal rights and options!
Why Should I Hire an Experienced Salem Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we’ve recovered millions of dollars in compensation for injury victims and their families, helping to cover medical bills, pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost wages, and other expenses. When you hire our firm, you can rest assured that we will fight to uphold your rights and tenaciously pursue the full and fair compensation to which you are rightfully entitled.
You also will not have to worry about paying for upfront expenses, as we offer the Virginia motorcycle injury victims and the families of those involved in a wrongful death the following:
- FREE CONSULTATION. We provide a free, no-obligation initial consultation so that you can get your questions answered and learn how we can serve you.
- CONTINGENCY FEES. We only receive a fee if we recover compensation on a client’s behalf.
- LITIGATION EXPENSES ADVANCED. We advance litigation expenses while a case is ongoing, so our clients do not have to come out of pocket for upfront fees and expenses. Such costs are typically fully covered by a settlement or jury award.
- 24/7 AVAILABILITY. We have representatives standing by twenty-four hours a day to take your call and listen to your concerns.
What Damages Can Be Recovered After a Virginia Motorcycle Crash?
After an accident, many insurance companies will delay or deny claims, leaving injured victims in financial peril. However, motorcyclists who are represented by an experienced personal injury attorney have a significantly increased chance of securing a settlement for full compensation or jury award that can cover all damages, including:
- Current and future medical expenses (e.g., doctor’s visits, prescription drugs, surgical care, rehabilitation and physical therapy, medical equipment, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Lost income and future earning potential
- Loss of benefits
- Property damage
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Funeral and burial expenses (in the case of a wrongful death)
- Other damages.
Salem, VA motorcycle accident lawyer, Mark Hurt will diligently assess all the injuries, medical expenses, lost income, physical pain and suffering, and other damages after an accident. We regularly engage experts to provide accurate estimates of such costs in seeking full compensation.
Can I Pursue Compensation if My Loved One Died in a Motorcycle Accident in Virginia?
When an individual loses a loved one unexpectedly due to another person’s careless actions or negligence, it can bring about a complex wave of grief and emotions. If you lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident, we offer our sincerest condolences for your losses.
As a motorcycle injury law firm with decades of experience, our compassionate team stands ready to provide the representation needed to hold accountable all those responsible for a death, and to seek complete damages, for a wrongful death case on behalf of family members.
Who is Entitled to File a Wrongful Death Claim in Virginia?
Virginia law specifies who can file a wrongful death claim and how recovered damages are to be divided. The following outlines the order in which particular beneficiaries are entitled to file a wrongful death claim:
- First right: Spouses, children, and grandchildren have the initial right to file a claim.
- Second right: If a person is unmarried and did not have children, then a claim could be brought by surviving parents, siblings, or other relatives who were dependent on the decedent.
- Third right: If an individual died without any immediate family members, Virginia state law dictates the next family member who would be eligible to file a claim.
If you are interested in finding out if you are entitled to file a wrongful death claim, we invite you to call our offices to schedule a free initial case evaluation.
Get Started with A Free Consultation with Experienced Salem Motorcycle Crash Lawyer Mark Hurt.
Salem motorcycle accident attorney Mark Hurt is committed to answering questions and providing the dedicated representation that you and your family deserve. Contact our offices today to schedule a free initial consultation. Mark can listen to the facts of your case, explain your legal options, and tenaciously pursue justice and compensation for your losses.
When you hire The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we do not receive a fee unless we recover compensation on a client’s behalf. We also advance litigation expenses, such as court filing fees, while a case is ongoing. Call our offices at any time to get started.