What You Should Know About Reckless Driving Charges from a Reckless Driving Lawyer Hillsville, VA Trusts
Being ticketed with a reckless driving violation might appear to similar to a speeding ticket; however, the charges are not the same, as a reckless driving lawyer Hillsville, VA trusts can explain. Reckless driving offenses carry other, more harsh, penalties than those associated with speeding. If you have been charged with reckless driving, you might want to consult with a reckless driving lawyer in Hillsville, VA from the Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt to find out if your charges can be reduced or dropped. Reach out to our firm now to discuss your legal matter with one of the most experienced reckless driving lawyers in Virginia.
Understanding Reckless Driving
In Virginia, reckless driving comprises of a broad range of violations. In general, the definition of reckless driving is:
Operating a vehicle in any way that could endanger a life, limb, or property.
Reckless driving in Virginia is most commonly charged when a person is engaged in excessive speed. Any speed greater than 20 MPH over the posted speed limit, could be considered reckless driving. In some states with reckless driving laws, including Virginia, reckless driving can be charged when you are driving over 80 MPH. Additional examples of reckless driving charges that should be overseen by a reckless driving lawyer include:
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license
- Driving with an expired registration
- Driving under the influence, and under 21
- Careless driving
- Speeding to avoid police or arrest
- Speeding in a construction or school zone
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Failing to pull over for an emergency vehicle
- Failing to have the right insurance
- Running through a red light or stop sign
- Passing on the side of a stopped school bus
- Driving with the intent to intimidate
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- + More
Many of these violations can remain on your record for several years, some more than a decade. Although some of these actions could be the result of intentional reckless behavior, some might be caused by unintentional actions. A Hillsville, VA reckless driving lawyer can review the details of your case and determine the most practical way to fight for the best possible outcome. This could include a reduction in the charge or penalties, an acquittal or dismissal.
Benefits of Having a Reckless Driving Lawyer
Before you panic about your reckless driving charge, you should contact a Hillsville, VA reckless driving lawyer to learn about your legal options. At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt we have years of experiencing in handling these type of cases. We’re also guided by the right knowledge and savvy ability to seek negotiations with local prosecuting attorneys. When you trust us to handle your reckless driving case, you can feel confident in knowing that we:
- Will work hard to obtain a favorable outcome
- Coach you on how to prepare for your hearing
- Explain how you can present yourself in a positive light
- Dispute any questionable evidence
- Argue against exaggerated testimony
- Appear in court on your behalf
The benefits of retaining a reckless driving lawyer greatly exceed those listed above, and most certainly choosing not to have legal representation.
If you are concerned about a reckless driving charge, or are the resident of another state and have been charged in Virginia, we invite you to contact a reckless driving lawyer Hillsville, VA trusts from the Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, today.