Johnson City Workers Compensation Lawyer
Johnson City Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Common Types of Work Injuries
Most people don’t go into work expecting to get hurt. Unfortunately, however, it can happen more often than you think. Here are the most common types of work injuries:
- Falls: Falls are more common in the construction industry and can result in traumatic brain injuries and other severe injuries. They can fall from several heights, including roofs, ladders, platforms and stairways. Workers can reduce the risk of these accidents by following safety protocols.
- Machine Entanglement: Employees who work around heavy machinery in factories can suffer machine entanglement. If they’re not careful, they can get their hands, arms, legs and other body parts stuck in machines and suffer tearing and crushing injuries. To reduce the risk of these accidents, workers shouldn’t wear loose clothing or jewelry.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents make up a large percentage of slip and fall accidents. They can occur in many workplaces, from offices to factories, and can result in many types of injuries, including head injuries, broken bones and spinal cord injuries. These accidents can result from liquid spills, wet floors, clutter and icy surfaces.
- Vehicle Accidents: Certain professions, like pizza delivery or limousine drivers, require you to operate a vehicle. If you get into a car accident while on the clock, you may be eligible for workers compensation. You may also be able to file a third-party claim against the driver who hit you.
- Repetitive Motion: If you perform the same tasks over and over, you are in danger of suffering repetitive motion injuries. For example, if you type on a computer or work on an assembly line, you can suffer nerve damage.
- Violence: As a Johnson City workers compensation lawyer can confirm, violence does occur in the workplace. If a coworker assaults you after getting into an argument, for example, you may be entitled to workers compensation benefits. Employers should have a zero-tolerance for workplace violence.
- Falling Objects: When items aren’t properly secured on shelves, they can fall and hit workers on the head, causing head injuries. Workers who work in factory settings should always wear hard hats and be aware of their surroundings.
- Overexertion: Employees who work in factory settings may have to lift heavy objects for long periods of time. This can result in neck and back injuries over time. To reduce the risk of these injuries, employees should take frequent breaks.
Filing a Workers Compensation Claim
It is important to report your injury as soon as possible in the state of Tennessee. According to the Tennessee state government website, an employee has 15 days to report their injury to a manager or supervisor. If that employer of yours does not take your injury seriously or even worse, attempts to terminate you, then contacting a Johnson City workers compensation lawyer may be in your best interest at that point. The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt are experienced with workers compensation claims and can listen to the details of your case and review any reports. Your claim could be entitled to benefits, compensation, and possible reimbursement of any doctor’s bills, therapy sessions or hospital visits that have arisen. Make sure to file that injury report with your employer as soon as possible if you have been injured on the job.
Common Expenses & Compensation
When you have been injured at work, make sure to see a doctor as soon as possible to treat your injuries. Time missed from work, hospital visits, physical therapies, and more are all a part of the expenses that can and should be reimbursed to you. Contact a Johnson City workers compensation lawyer from our firm today to learn more about the possible compensation of benefits, reimbursements and other possible expenses involved with these cases. These cases do not have to be fought alone as they contain many details and nuances that can be hard to navigate without the aid of experienced legal counsel from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt. We are ready to fight for you and assist you with your case going forward. Those who have caused injuries to others whether by their own means or from the means of accidental negligence should be held accountable and the victims should be helped and reimbursed and entitled to benefits.
Dealing with Insurance
Companies are required to carry workers compensation insurance in the event that one of their employees gets injured on the job. The unfortunate thing about insurance companies though is that they generally attempt to get victims of work injuries to accept a lower than fair settlement. They may try to negotiate with you to take away some necessary parts of your claim that are important to you like disability benefits or medical treatment. Lawyers from the Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt have seen these actions taken by insurance companies many times and understand the different strategies that they take to try and get your case closed and unfairly compensated as soon as possible. Our lawyers will seek the best possible settlement in your case and not let the insurance company take advantage of you, especially when you are dealing with these aching injuries. We will work with you to help you understand the necessary steps to take and not to fear any retaliatory moves from your employer. Contact a Johnson City workers compensation lawyer from our firm today to begin your case and get you on the right track to the compensation that you deserve.