Johnson City Car Accident Lawyer
Johnson City Car Accident Lawyer
A trusted Johnson City car accident lawyer from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt knows that being hurt or badly injured in a car accident can be devastating. A car accident injury can impact many aspects of your life, affecting your physical and mental health as well as your ability to work. The expenses can pile up and become unaffordable. Your recovery may take longer than expected. Not all car accidents are minor fender benders and if you have suffered from an injury after someone else’s negligence caused you to get in a car accident, you should not hesitate any longer to reach out to an attorney you can trust. A car accident lawyer has experience handling cases for accident victims, helping them recover compensation for their damages. Hiring a lawyer is recommended, especially if you have particularly severe injuries, have a complex case, or have multiple expenses. To learn more about filing a personal injury claim after an accident and seeing what kinds of compensation you can get, reach out to our trusted team now. We care about getting you the legal help you need after an automobile accident.
How do I know who is at fault for the car accident?
When you want to file a claim or a lawsuit, you will want to know who was at fault for the accident that caused your injuries. First, it is important to find a car accident lawyer in Johnson City, Tennessee who will look over the details of your case and determine if you have a legitimate claim. Your lawyer will have years of experience fighting on behalf of car accident victims and will work with medical experts to go over your injuries after the accident. Your attorney will want to know the details of the accident and which parties were involved.
In Tennessee, the state has a system known as modified comparative negligence. Individuals who have partial fault can be held up to 50% liable in an accident, but can still recover compensation. If you have partial fault in an accident, it is recommended that you hire a lawyer because it may be more challenging for you to recover compensation. There are certain conditions that you have to meet since you are partially at fault. If you are found to be over 50% liable, you cannot recover compensation at all. A skilled car accident lawyer can conduct an investigation to obtain evidence so that you can obtain the highest amount possible.
How do you determine negligence?
In legal terms, negligence is defined as the failure to exercise a level of care for an individual that another person would provide under the same circumstances. As your attorney gathers evidence from the scene of the accident (this can be photographs, eyewitness testimonies, traffic cameras, and statements from both drivers) they can begin piecing together what happened to cause the crash and who was at fault. To establish that the other driver was responsible for the accident and show negligence, your attorney will be working to prove that they were not acting with a reasonable degree of care while on the road. Common examples of this are:
- Texting and driving
- Drinking and driving
- Eating and driving
- Talking on the phone while driving
- Speeding or street racing
- Reaching for something in the backseat while driving
In addition to dealing with injuries, there are other issues that car accident victims have to deal with. Getting into a car accident can not only mean that your car is damaged. It can mean that you are missing weeks or months off of work and it could mean that you have medical bills for hospital stays and surgeries. All of these issues are a burden that accident victims should not have to pay for out of pocket.
Are you interested in filing a claim or a lawsuit after you have been in a car accident? Don’t wait until the last minute to learn about the legal options available. Learn about the claims process now. If you are not sure whether you are eligible to receive compensation, discuss your case with an experienced lawyer so they can evaluate your case. Reach out to our reliable Johnson City, TN car accident lawyer today.
Why Do I Need a Car Accident Lawyer?
Any car accident has the potential to flip your life upside-down, but a car accident lawyer can help you make sense of your next steps. If your accident has caused serious enough injuries, you could find yourself in an unexpected financial battle, and your lawyer may be an important lifeline when you try to get the money you need to stay afloat. There may be issues with your claim that are particularly difficult to settle. Insurance companies are not interested in whether or not you receive the compensation that you deserve, they are only invested in how much they can profit or save. A lawyer will look out for you and work to ensure that your final settlement offer is far and that you receive the highest compensation that you can. Hire a lawyer who can pursue the negligent person responsible so that you can recover financial compensation to cover the full costs.
It would be easy to handle your car accident if there was a one-size-fits-all guide. Unfortunately, there’s no straightforward solution when your medical bills are stacking up, you’re unable to clock in for work, and your insurance still hasn’t paid up. Every car accident case is different, so each approach varies depending on the circumstances. But after your accident, you’re most likely only focused on your recovery, and for good reason: Even if you experienced a minor fender-bender, you could be dealing with major (and expensive) injuries.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Burns: We’ve all seen those dramatic car crashes on movies and TV: Something catches on fire, and the main characters escape in the nick of time. While car fires are a possibility after certain severe accidents, you’re much more likely to burn yourself in a less dramatic fashion. You might accidentally put your hand on a piece of exposed, hot metal, or shock yourself on some electronic equipment while you exit your vehicle. In any case, a burn still calls for medical attention, which can be surprisingly expensive. The more severe your burn is, the longer your recovery period is likely to be.
- Whiplash: This is one of the most common injuries people get from car accidents. Whiplash is easily ignored – but it shouldn’t be. It might seem like a minor enough injury, but it can still cause a considerable amount of pain. You might be shaking from adrenaline after a nasty car crash, but once the adrenaline wears off and you’re carrying on with your day, you’ll probably notice an uncomfortable twinge in your neck or shoulders. By the next day, it’s turned into a major ache, and you aren’t able to turn your head more than a few degrees either way. Your movement might be restricted for several days. That’ll be an expensive doctor’s visit.
- Broken bones: Unlike whiplash, you’ll notice a broken bone. A severe enough car accident can result in broken bones and a lengthy recovery period, not to mention those ever-present medical bills. You will likely have to miss weeks or months off of work. Recovering from a broken bone is also extremely painful. While you might expect your insurance to foot the bill, it’s up to your Johnson City car accident lawyer to ensure you get the payment you need in a timely fashion.
Reach Out to The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt
Your car accident can put your life on hold, and chances are you’ll be battling with a frustrating recovery period that is always just a bit too lengthy for comfort. As those bills start stacking up, you might find yourself wondering if you’ll ever be able to pay them off – especially if you aren’t able to start working as soon as possible. Sudden expenses after a life-changing accident are something you should not have to resolve on your own.
Fortunately, with the help of a car accident lawyer, you can make sure you get the financial compensation you deserve so you can move on from your car accident with ease. A lawyer can help make the claims process easier to go through. In addition, they can lend you the support you need and minimize any stress or anxiety that you might be feeling. Those medical bills and your other financial obligations (such as rent, mortgage, bills, and car payments) won’t wait for you to get better, but a lawyer can thoroughly investigate your case to determine who is responsible for your injuries – and who should pay up.
Contact The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt today, and see how a Johnson City Car Accident Lawyer can help you get the money you need for a full recovery.