Answers from a Car Accident Lawyer Wytheville, VA Trusts
What do I do if I’m injured in a multiple car accident?
Vehicle accidents are often chaotic, stressful, and traumatic, especially if one sustains a serious injury. When more than two cars are involved, it can greatly add to the confusion when determining who was at fault. In fact, there might be more than one driver who is liable for the damages that resulted. To protect your right to possibly receive compensation from one or more of the other drivers for their negligence, you may benefit from hiring a car accident lawyer in Wytheville, VA. Our car accident lawyer at The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt has the experience and knowledge necessary to handle even the most complex of cases. Having legal representation from the very beginning can greatly increase your chances of arriving at a positive conclusion.
In most accidents, there are only two vehicles involved. This usually makes it easier to determine who was at fault. Liability in those cases can often be determined by examining the location of the vehicles at the point of impact, which direction the vehicles are facing, eyewitness testimony, and by considering additional evidence.
When a multi-car collision occurs, even eyewitnesses may not be of much help because they can be easily confused by the various events that happened simultaneously. (If you consider how many people have trouble navigating through an intersection with a four-way stop, you can imagine how confusing it is for them to observe three or more cars colliding with one another.) So how can liability be established? Your car accident lawyer in Wytheville, VA from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt may be able to prove liability on the part of one or other of the drivers involved:
- Our professional network includes car accident forensic investigators. They can visit the scene and document the locations and distances of any relevant objects, signs, curbs, etc. They can examine the damage on the vehicles that were involved and use that information to help determine the order of events that led up to the collision. They can also interview witnesses. They will provide all of this information to our car accident lawyer in Wytheville, VA which we can include in your claim or lawsuit.
- Our car accident lawyer in Wytheville, VA from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt can interview the other drivers and record their testimony in what is referred to as a deposition. In this way, the information they provide can be checked and examined.
- Our car accident lawyer in Wytheville, VA can look into the previous driving and criminal histories of the other drivers. If one or more has convictions from reckless driving this can indicate a pattern of negligent behavior.
- Our car accident lawyer in Wytheville, VA will take into account the information provided by the responding police officer and their accident report.
Percentage of Liability
It’s not unusual for liability to be shared among two or more drivers involved in a multi-car accident. If our car accident lawyer in Wytheville, VA determines that you were in part responsible for the accident and your resulting injury, it does not necessarily mean that you are ineligible to receive any compensation for your damages. Depending on the circumstances and the applicable laws, you might simply have the percentage of liability that is assessed to you deducted from the overall liability. For example, if you were 10% responsible for the accident, then 10% of your damages might not be recoverable.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you were injured in a multi-vehicle accident, call our office immediately to schedule a free consultation. After a case review with our car accident lawyer in Wytheville, VA you will have the information you need to move forward.
What You Need to Know About Car Accidents
A car accident lawyer Wytheville, VA locals recommend may be able to help you receive compensation from the other driver for an injury you sustained in a collision they caused. Every year, thousands of people suffer injuries as a result of a car collision caused by negligence.
A car accident lawyer in Abingdon VA from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt can help you get the justice you deserve. Mark T. Hurt takes great pride in offering quality legal advice to each and every client. He has protected the rights of drivers for over 25 years. If you want an Abington car accident lawyer you can count on, call us today and request a free consultation.
Common Vehicle Accident Cases We Handle
If your injury was caused by any of the following, call us so that we can protect your rights as the victim of an accident that was not your fault:
- Driving distracted
- Drunk drivers
- Motorists without insurance
- Head-on crash
- Commercial truck collision
- Impacts which caused fatality
- Motorcycle vs. car
By choosing a car accident lawyer Wytheville, VA victims trust from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, you can feel confident that an experienced attorney is on your side. Your vehicle, health, and finances may be dramatically impacted after a car accident. Mark T. Hurt can help.
Regardless of the severity of the crash, do not wait until you are in pain to see your doctor. A serious injury may not be immediately apparent after an accident, and can seriously worsen over time. Your doctor may be able to diagnose your injury before you are aware of it, and begin treatment immediately.
Common Car Accident Injuries
- Broken bones
- Lacerations or deep cuts
- Spinal, neck and/or head injuries
- Organ bruising
- Internal bleeding
- Damage to nerves
- Partial or total paralysis
Is Your Claim Eligible for Compensation?
The two main variables that determine if you are eligible for compensation from the at-fault party are briefly described below. A car accident lawyer Wytheville, VA community members rely on from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt can go into further detail. Call us today for a free consultation.
1) The car accident was primarily caused by another person due to their negligence or carelessness.
2) The car collision impacted you and/or your family member, which resulted in a serious injury.
Schedule an appointment with your primary doctor immediately after the accident so you can obtain proof of your injuries. Keep all receipts and documents related to your car accident injury. When you hire a car accident lawyer Wytheville, VA motorists turn to from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, you will not have to pay us unless we obtain a settlement on your behalf.
Contact Us for More Information
Call a respected car accident lawyer Wytheville, VA offers from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt to learn how we can help you get the justice you deserve.