Lebanon, VA Car Accident Lawyer for Crashes
Every year, over 120,000 car accidents occur across the state of Virginia, including nearly 400 in Russell County. Many of these crashes are not true accidents; rather, they are caused by negligent drivers who were drinking and driving, playing with their cell phones, driving recklessly, or distracted. In these cases, drivers made a clear decision to drive in a negligent or reckless fashion, and to put others at risk.
At our firm, experienced Lebanon, VA, car accident attorney Mark Hurt believes that negligent and reckless drivers should be held accountable for their actions, and that victims should receive full and fair compensation for their injuries.
About Our Experience
Firm founding attorney Mark Hurt graduated with honors from Duke University, and he has litigated in state courts in a number of counties, as well as in federal courts (including the United States Supreme Court). For decades, Mark has been helping secure compensation for injured car accident victims and the families who have lost loved ones as a result of a wrongful death. He has successfully recovered millions of dollars through settlements and lawsuits to help injured clients move forward after devastating accidents. He and our firm represent clients not only in Lebanon, VA but also throughout southwest Virginia and northern Tennessee.
If you were injured in an automobile accident or lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligence, you deserve justice and compensation. As an experienced Lebanon, VA car accident lawyer, Mark Hurt works to hold negligent and reckless drivers and their insurance companies accountable, and tenaciously fights to recover every dollar that our clients are owed.
No Fee Unless You Collect
At the Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we understand how medical bills and other expenses can threaten the financial security and stability of injury victims and their families. We believe that clients should be focused on coping, healing, and recovering – not on surmounting legal bills.
We represent injury clients and families in wrongful death matters on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only collect a fee if we successfully recover compensation. Further, we advance all litigation costs while your case is ongoing, so you won’t have to come out of pocket during litigation for the costs of matters such as expert fees, deposition fees, and court costs. Typically, these expenses are deducted from a settlement or jury award (if successful) – fees and costs are addressed in our representation agreement.
Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Every 4.1 minutes a Virginian is involved in an automobile accident. After a severe car or truck crash, the thought of compiling evidence for an insurance claim may be the last thing on your mind. However, how you proceed immediately after an accident can affect your chances of receiving compensation.
The following are steps that should be taken after a car, truck, or motorcycle crash:
- Call the Police. A police officer can document injuries, accident specifics, and property damage at the scene. Ask for a copy of the police report for your records.
- Take Photographs. If you are capable, take pictures at the accident scene. Capture shots of all vehicles involved, skid marks, traffic signs, witnesses and general weather conditions.
- Speak with Witnesses. If there are witness of the accident, make sure that you collect their names and contact information. These witnesses may be able to testify on your behalf if your case goes to trial.
- Seek Medical Care. Many people decline medical care at the scene because they feel fine. It’s important to understand that often the temporary adrenaline rush occurring from an accident may temporarily mask pain. Declining medical treatment may be unwise, as many injuries may not be apparent for days or weeks after an accident. It is imperative that you document your injuries as soon as possible; otherwise, insurance companies may claim that your injuries occurred at a later date.
- Follow Doctor’s Orders. If you do not follow your physician’s orders, an insurance adjuster or lawyers for the person causing the accident may attempt to claim that your noncompliance with the treatment plan exacerbated your injuries. Make sure to carefully follow all prescribed orders and attend follow up medical visits.
- Hire an Attorney. Many car accident cases involve working with a defendant’s insurance company to secure compensation; however, this can be problematic, as these companies often desire to pay the least amount possible to injured victims. Many insurance adjusters will look for any basis to deny a claim, and may try to use information provided by a victim against them. A competent and skilled car accident attorney knows what is needed to recover a fair and just settlement and can use their experience to help stop insurance companies from utilizing unethical practices to deny compensation.
- Do Not Wait to Seek Help. Under Virginia Law, a lawsuit typically must be filed within two years of the accident, except under rare circumstances.
Car Accident Damages
Serious automobile accidents can have severe ramifications with potentially long-term emotional and financial effects, including:
- Hospital and ER Admissions
- Physician Visits
- Lost Wages
- Lost Future Earnings
- Pain and Suffering
- Medical Bills
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Expenses
- Long-term Disability
- Wrongful Death
When you choose the Law Office of Mark T. Hurt, you will not be passed off to a novice attorney; rather, experienced Lebanon car accident attorney Mark Hurt will work directly with you in seeking to recover all damages allowed under law.
Call for a Free Consultation and to Learn How We Can Help
If you have been hurt in a car, truck, motorcycle, or other vehicle accident, learn how we can help. At the Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we have been successfully representing injured Virginians for decades – we know how to build the cases of our clients, negotiate settlements with insurance companies and lawyers, and how to fight tenaciously for damages in court when necessary. We invite you to call our office to schedule a free consultation to learn how we can help you.
 Virginia Driving Trends, Commonwealth of Virginia, https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/safety/crash_data/crash_facts/crash_facts_17.pdf.
 Virginia Crashes, Virginia Highway Safety Office, https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/safety/crash_data/crash_facts/crash_facts_17.pdf
Lebanon, VA Car Accident Lawyer for Crashes
Free consult, no fee unless you win. Car accident attorney Mark Hurt helps injured clients get the maximum compensation possible. Trained trial lawyer. Call to get started!