News & Events
Auto Accident Lawyer
According to national statistics, there were just under 5,000 people killed in motorcycle accidents last years. Victims of fatal motorcycle accidents make up almost 15 percent of all vehicle fatalities, a much higher number when compared to the ratio of the number of other types of vehicle which are on the road compared to the number of motorcycles.
The states with the highest number of motorcycle crashes are:
Studies have shown that for every mile driven, a motorcyclist risk of being killed in a crash is 28 times higher than drivers of passenger vehicles. And if all motorcyclists and their passengers wore helmets, more than 800 lives would be saved each year in motorcycle accidents.
A lawyer will work with motorcycle accident victims and their families and understand how devastating the injuries suffered in motorcycle crashes can be, physically, financially, and emotionally. Motorcycle accident attorneys will work with you to get you the financial compensation you deserve for your injuries. Contact a law office for a free consultation today.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is important to document your injuries and other evidence which you motorcycle accident attorney will use to build your injury claim. The more evidence you have, the stronger your case will be.
One part of your motorcycle accident claim will address the economic losses you have suffered. Some of the items that your auto accident lawyer Canoga Park, CA offers will be looking for from you for those losses include:
- All medicals bills you have received for treatment for your injuries, including ambulance transportation, emergency room treatment, hospitalizations, surgeries, physician visits, rehabilitation, medical equipment, and both prescription and over-the-counter medication. You should also keep track of the mileage and any other travel expenses to get to treatment.
- If you are unable to work as you recover, you will also need proof of the wages and benefits you lost, as well as documentation from your employer verifying this information.
You may also be entitled to damages for the non-economic losses you have suffered because of the accident. This include pain and suffering, mental anguish, and loss of life enjoyment if you have suffered a permanent disability. In order to prove these types of damages, your motorcycle attorney will want these types of items:
- Photographs of all of your injuries. It is best to take these photographs right after the crash. Having visual evidence of fresh abrasions, bruises, burns, cuts, and fractures have much more of an impact in a case than just scars when they have healed.
- A journal documenting how often you feel pain, as well as the intensity of that pain. The journal should also document how this pain interferes with your daily life, such as preventing you from doing simple daily activities or leaving you unable to sleep.
- Keep all of the prescription bottles for any medications, including painkillers, your physician has prescribed for you. These empty bottles will also be a strong visual of how much pain your injuries caused you to suffer.
Thanks to Barry P. Goldberg for their insight into personal injury claims and motorcycle accidents.