News & Events
Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck collisions happen every day, and in many cases, there are serious injuries from them. These injuries can often be life-changing or even end in a fatality. This is where a truck accident lawyer can come in handy.
When it comes to truck accidents there is a drastic difference between them and car accidents. You can rest easy knowing that the Law Offices of Franks Koenig & Neuwelt have the skill and experience to understand your case. Just what are the common truck accident injuries?
Top 5 Most Common Truck Accident Injuries
- Head and brain injuries – One of the most common injuries that are caused by crashes with 18-wheeler is head and brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) include concussions, blunt head trauma, and lacerations to the face or head are some of the most common injuries to happen. If a TBI happens that means there is damage to the brain itself. There can be headaches that won’t go away, memory or mood problems, difficulty sleeping or concentration, confusion, and more. These can make someone miserable in their daily life.
- Broken bones – Broken bones are a common accident to have no matter what you are doing. However, when it comes to a truck accident these broken bones can require more than just a cast. There is a chance that an expensive surgery to repair the bone is needed. There are compound fractures that occur when the bone punctures the skin and becomes exposed. No matter the type of broken bone there is always a risk for infection, internal bleeding, and nerve damage that can be permanent.
- Burns and lacerations – Burns and lacerations are some of the top injuries that can happen during a collision with a tractor-trailer. Lacerations can cause permanent scars and disfigurement to the head. Burns can be caused by an expulsion on impact or friction burns if they are ejected from the car. Both can require surgery and even plastic surgery to get back to a sense of normal.
- Spinal injuries – A spinal cord injury is one of the most severe injuries a person can suffer. These injuries can leave someone paralyzed or even partially paralyzed. The damage acts like a kink in a hose. There is no communication to the body from the brain for movement to happen. In the most severe cases, it can leave someone needed assistance with breathing, eating, bathing, or even speaking.
- Death – Death is easily the worst-case scenario of a truck accident. A truck accident lawyer in Palm Beach Gardens, FL can help a family through this tough time. These cases are often complex and long.
When it comes to a truck accident there are many things that could make life much harder. If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident, reach out to our team for a consultation about your case. You have the right to work with a truck accident lawyer on your case. For more information, contact our friends at Law Offices of Franks, Koenig & Neuwelt.