Abingdon and Bristol Business Lawyer – Serving Businesses Throughout Southwest Virginia and East Tennessee
Small business owners have numerous legal needs, from setting up the business entity, to dealing with employees, to contracting with consumers and suppliers. I understand.
As a former practicing CPA and a business lawyer for more than 25 years (and a business owner), I provide clients with objective-based legal counsel and representation based upon company goals.
In business, there is usually no “one size fits all” solution. I take the time to get to know business owners and understand their culture, goals, and objectives so that I can provide the advice, options, and representation that will best meet their needs.
I also serve as the registered agent of dozens of small businesses.
I commonly advise businesses on matters involving:
- Choosing the right form of entity based upon ownership, tax, and anticipated business operations and potential financing.
- Corporate governance
- Contracts, licenses, and leases
- Employment matters, including employment contracts, non-compete agreements, and employee handbook and policies
- Corporate transactions, including purchases and sales of companies and strategic assets
- Other matters that may arise
Call Me to Learn How I Can Help Your Business
I take the time to get to know business owners and to understand their business operation, and key drivers for success so that I can provide objective-based legal advice. By getting to know a business and its operations, I can also provide pro-active legal counsel that can help businesses avoid pitfalls and litigation.
CLICK HERE to view our case results.
“They are very nice people and help me dismiss a speeding ticket! Very appreciated.”