Lawrenceville, VA Traffic Lawyer | The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt
U.S. Route 58 is a prime location for speed traps. While Lawrenceville has a population of around 1,400 residents, over 6,400 Lawrenceville drivers and visitors travel on Route 58 each day, leading to an abundance of traffic citations.
When motorists are ticketed, we invite them to call traffic lawyer Mark Hurt at our firm for a free consultation and to learn their options for challenging a ticket. For over twenty-five years, The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt has provided tenacious representation to clients in a variety of matters. Our office represents and defends Lawrenceville motorists and visitors against traffic-related charges including:
- Speeding Tickets
- Reckless Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Trucking Violations
- Driving with a Suspended License
- Running a Red Light or Stop Sign
- Other Traffic Violations
If you received a traffic citation, we urge you to call us before paying your ticket to find out how we can help. At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we offer affordable fixed fees in traffic cases, and we have a track record of success in helping those accused obtain reduced penalties and dismissals. Call us today at 276-623-0808 to learn how we can help you seek to avoid significant penalties, including fines, a license revocation, a permanent criminal record, driving-record points, and even jail time.
Why Should I Hire an Experienced Lawrenceville, Virginia Traffic Lawyer & Speeding Ticket Attorney?
In Virginia, allegations of criminal misconduct should not be taken lightly, as the penalties can be significant and have permanent implications. Throughout Lawrenceville and the surrounding communities, The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt is well known for its:
- Tenacious Representation. Attorney Mark Hurt has extensive experience litigating cases throughout Virginia state courts, federal and appellate courts, and before the United States Supreme Court (which less than 1% of all lawyers have accomplished). If you are facing speeding or other serious charges, we will not hesitate to go to trial to defend your rights and fight for a favorable outcome.
- Unique Strategies. As a firm that has defended clients in countless traffic citation cases, we are experienced at using a wide variety of lega strategies in seeking the best outcomes for clients. When a client hires our firm, they can rest assured that Lawrenceville traffic attorney Mark Hurt will thoroughly explore all legal options for a dismissal, an acquittal, or reduced charges.
- We Listen To You. We pride ourselves on being attorneys that listen to our client’s concerns and objectives. We are experienced in seeking significantly better outcomes compared to pleading guilty. When a client hires our firm, we work hard to implement strategies that address their needs.
- Affordable Fixed Fees. Many law firms charge by the hour for traffic citation representation, which can result in costly bills. At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we offer affordable fixed fees, and we accept credit card payments.
What is the Difference Between a Speeding Ticket and Reckless Driving?
Virginia has some of the most stringent traffic regulations in the country. As such, a traffic citation can be upgraded to a serious criminal charge of reckless driving if an individual is:
- Driving faster than road or weather conditions permit;
- Driving 20 mph over the speed limit; or
- Driving over 85 mph (regardless of the speed limit).
If a traffic citation is upgraded to reckless driving, an individual may face steep penalties, including:
- Class 1 Misdemeanor or Class 6 Felony (if the conduct results in a fatality);
- 6 Demerit Points;
- License Suspension or Revocation;
- Fine up to $2,500; and
- 1-year jail term.
Many defendants are shocked to find out how serious reckless driving charges are. If you were ticketed for reckless driving, speeding, , or another traffic violation, it is critical to reach out to an experienced Virginia traffic ticket attorney who can negotiate for lesser charges or fight for a dismissal. Do not simply pay your ticket, as this is an admission of guilt — call us first to discuss your legal options for potentially avoiding these types (and other types) of penalties.
Get the Experienced Legal Representation Your Deserve!
If you were accused of traffic related criminal misconduct in Virginia, how you handle your defense could have lasting effects on your life. Southern Virginia courts each have their own procedures and local rules, so hiring an attorney familiar with those regulations and practices is critical to obtaining favorable results. At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we have more than 25 years of experience litigating matters throughout Virginia.
Mark’s extensive trial background provides him with the ability to counter legal tactics used by prosecutors in misdemeanor, felony, and other traffic proceedings, providing clients with a significant advantage compared to self-representation. Call our office to schedule a free case evaluation to learn how we can protect your rights and tenaciously fight for a favorable result.