Kingsport Workers Compensation Lawyer
It is important for employees to understand the laws for workers compensation programs, and they may turn to a Kingsport Workers Compensation Lawyer at The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt for advice. These benefits help protect businesses while ensuring an injured worker gets the medical care they need. Injured workers and their families may want to take a look at these common FAQs that people often have about workers compensation benefits:
What is workers’ compensation?
Workers’ compensation insurance is to protect businesses and workers from financial loss if an employee was to be hurt on the job or becomes ill due to the workplace. It protects employers from paying out in expensive damages that could drain a company. When a worker’s compensation claim is being handled, fault is not usually the primary focus. However, a worker’s claim may be denied if any of the following factors are true:
- A worker purposefully injured themselves to recieve benefits
- A worker was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of incident
- A worker was not at the job site nor traveling for work when the injury accident happened
- A worker did not notify their employer about the accident within a certain period of time
- A worker had lied or exaggerated the extent of their injuries
What do these benefits cover?
The type and degree of benefits awarded to an injured worker will vary depending on the accident itself. Before an injured worker receives benefits, the insurance company will assess factors of the accident, severeity of injury, and more. Then benefits will be awarded based on this calculation. But as your Lawyer for Kingsport Workers Compensation claims may warn, sometimes a company may try to save money by giving the employee less than what is needed to be fully covered. If that is the case for you or a loved one, then it is recommended that you contact our law firm right now for assistance.
What is not covered under workers’ comp?
Workers compensation benefits can help safeguard businesses and their employees at the same time, but there are situations when a job injury is not covered under the program. The laws vary by state, but here are a few examples of what many workers compensation plans fail to cover:
- Injuries sustained because an employee initiated a fight with a coworker
- Injuries sustained because an employee was intoxicated on shift
- Injuries an employee purposely inflicted on themselves
- Injuries of mental trauma that aren’t related to workplace incident
Call The Law Office of Mark T. Hurt
If you need a lawyer to stand by you and advocate for your recovery after a recent workplace accident, then all you have to do is call or email us as soon as possible. A Workers Compensation Lawyer in Kingsport from The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt is ready to take your call.