Blountville, TN Personal Injury Attorney & Car Accident Lawyer
From the Appalachian Caverns and Corey Ippolito Winery to the Cooper’s Gem Mine, Blountville has a vast array of activities that appeal to residents and visitors alike. While these unique adventures bolster the economy and help families create lasting memories, they also lead to increased accidents and injuries.
A day of sightseeing or wine tasting can quickly go awry when an individual is injured due to someone else’s negligence. At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we represent Blountville residents and visitors in a variety of different types of personal injury cases ,including (but not limited to):
- Car, Truck, and Other Automobile Accidents
- Products Liability
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
- Nursing Home Injury and Abuse
- Slips and Falls
- Construction Accidents
- Defective Equipment
- Medical Malpractice
- Assault and Battery
- Birth Injuries
- Wrongful Death
If you were injured through no fault of your own, call us today to schedule a complimentary consultation with experienced Blountville personal injury attorney Mark Hurt. Mark has over 25 years of legal experience, which he can use to fight for the full and fair compensation to which you are rightfully entitled.
What Types of Damages Can I Be Awarded For My Personal Injury?
Claimants who are injured as a result of someone else’s negligence may be entitled to compensation for both physical and emotional injuries, as well as for other expenses, including:
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Lost Future Earning Potential
- Prescription Drugs
- Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Loss of Companionship
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Long-term Disability
- Wrongful Death
It is critical to accurately estimate and consider all damages in a personal injury matter so that full compensation can be sought, and so that the future care of a victim and their family can be provided. While it can be challenging to put a price on intangible losses, such as lost earnings or pain and suffering, we retain medical and financial experts to assist in these matters.
At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we have over twenty-five of experience helping innocent victims get the maximum possible compensation for their damages. We can listen to the facts of your case, identify all liable parties, and assist in calculating tangible and intangible damages.
Why Should I Hire a Blountville Personal Injury Attorney?
Principal Attorney Mark Hurt, the founder of The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, is a native Bristolian who obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia and his law degree from Duke University. Mark gained invaluable experience practicing at some of the best litigation firms in Dallas, Texas, and Washington DC, recovering millions for clients.
At The Law Offices of Mark T. Hurt, we endeavor to deliver exceptional results full compensation through a settlement agreement or maximum trial award.
Types of Damages in a Personal Injury Case
There are many types of personal injury cases, ranging from car accidents and medical malpractice to dog bites, assault and battery, and other injuries. Regardless of how the injury was caused, damages are calculated for all injury cases in much the same way. Understanding the following types of personal injury compensatory damages may help you calculate a rough estimate of the injury compensation to which you may be entitled:
1. Economic Damages
These damages compensate a victim for non-monetary damages incurred in a personal injury lawsuit. They are also called non-economic damages because they address the intangible harm that is generally sustained in an injury, including:
- Pain and suffering. Physical and emotional stress caused by an injury is referred to as pain and suffering. We help clients collect medical records and other documentation that can be used to demonstrate the extent of their suffering.
- Mental anguish. Things such as grief, significant disappointment, extreme public humiliation, despair, shame, and indignation are considered forms of mental anguish. If you are experiencing psychological ramifications from an injury, we can refer you to a medical expert who can help articulate your mental condition to a jury.
- Loss of consortium or support. After a severe injury, many victims are unable to provide the same level of emotional and physical support to their families. While many tasks may be difficult to quantify, we help clients assemble evidence that can help put a price on their support deficits.
- Loss of companionship. Loss of companionship focuses on the emotional damages that a relationship sustains after an individual is injured or killed. This can include loss of daily conversation, sharing memories, intimacy, benefits of a relationship, among others. It can be challenging to demonstrate a certain level of companionship, however, attorney Mark Hurt has a track record of success in proving damages resulting from the loss of a stable and loving relationship.
2. Special Compensatory Damages
Special damages compensate for monetary loss and expenses in a personal injury lawsuit. They vary from one party to the next and cover any direct costs or losses related to an injury. Special damages include:
- Lost Income
- Loss of future earnings
- Medical bills
- Cost of future medical care
- Household and services expenses (such as childcare, housekeeping, and transportation)
- Out-of-pocket expenses (such as medications, transportation, and medical appointments)
The total of all these costs is the foundation of personal injury compensation calculations. Since there are many things to consider, hiring a Blountville personal injury lawyer is critical so that you do not undervalue your claim.
3. Wrongful Death Compensatory Damages
A wrongful death claim provides damages for a victim’s loved ones and family. These can include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Cost of pre-death medical bills
- The emotional distress of family and loved ones
- Loss of financial contributions and companionship
4. Punitive Damages
A court will only award punitive damages when a defendant’s wrongful behavior was particularly egregious and reckless, as they are intended to punish an individual for these types of intentional acts. These include behavior, such as assault, battery, or fraud (or defective products).
Let The Law Office of Mark T. Hurt Aggressively Fight For the Maximum Compensation Possible!
Your demand for compensation is the total amount you believe is fair payment in your case, including tangible and intangible damages. Hiring a personal injury lawyer can ensure you get the maximum possible compensation for all your injuries and damages by making accurate calculations. Call us today to schedule a complimentary consultation and let attorney Mark Hurt Work for you.